Our team of engineers and specialist draughtsmen provide an unique combination of skills and experience which sets us apart from our competitors. Our extensive experience in mechanical engineering and design gives us the ability to fully understand our client's requirements.
NEDA Engineering strives to develop designs that are optimized for performance, ergonomics and accessibility. Our 'state of the art' three dimensional design software enables us to translate our client's requirements and provide alternative recommendations.
NEDA Engineering has provided design house services in excess of 20 years for large corporate companies across various industries internationally. Our exstensive experience and know how of processes gives us an advantage of being able to produce design solutions that meets our clients requirements. In our design process we make use of the latest AutoCad Plant 3D software giving us the capabillity to create piping designs that meet requirements of any complexity efficiently. A key element in our design and engineering, is our CEASAR II analysis software for stress analysis and our AFT Fathom Software for hydraulic analysis. CAESAR II uses a complete solution that allows accurate in depth analysis of piping systems that are subjected to a variety of loads such as weight, pressure, thermal, seismic, static and dynamic conditions. It has the capabillity of analyzing piping systems of virtually any size or complexity.
Our expertise specifically covers the following piping systems:
- Pumped and compressed systems (LPG & LNG)
- Criogenic systems
The different aspects in the design phase that we cover are:
- Hydraulic analysis
- Stress analysis
- Efficient support type and position
- Pipe bridges and Support Structures
- Transient analysis, static and dynamic analysis
- Modal analysis
NEDA design in accordance with recognized international standards such as:
American Standard for Mechanical Engineers – B31 Standards for Pressure Piping
- ASME B31.1 - Power Piping,
- ASME B31.3 - Process Piping,
- ASME B31.4 - Pipeline Transportation System for Liquid Hydrocarbons and Other Liquids,
- ASME B31.8 - Gas Transmission and Distribution Piping and
- ASME B31.9 - Building Services Piping
Commonly used British standards are:
- BS806 - Specification for Ferrous Pipes and Piping Installations for and in connection with Land Boilers
- BS3351 - Specification for Pipes Systems for Petroleum Refineries and Petrochemical Plants
Besides the above mentioned codes, we also make use of many other international codes when designing such as:
- American Petroleum Industry Codes of Practice
- European National Codes and Standards
- South African Bureau of Standards.
NEDA Engineering is capable of designing according to these codes if required by the client.
Specialized Piping Services
NEDA Engineering performs a number of specialized piping engineering services which include:
- Mechanical Integrity Assessments using the guidelines of API 570 as basis. Remaining corroded strength is calculated to ASME B31.G
- Remnant life surveys considering both the remaining metallurgical life and remaining corrosion life.
- Fit for Service (FFS) assessments to the requirement of API 579-1
- Failure investigation of catastrophic, in-service and out-of-service failures. Determine the cause and the recommendation of preventative measures.
- Risk assessments of piping systems based on the recommendation of API RP580 to satisfy the Risk Based Inspection (RBI) requirements of the Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER) of the OHS Act 85/1993.
- Fatigue design of piping systems subjected to dynamic loading of vibration, transient conditions (water hammer, etc) or thermal cycling.